Monthly Roundup | January Edition

2.06.2018

Just a little heads up but my blogging schedule in February will be Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays just as a trial run to see how it goes!

Hello my beautiful readers! I've decided this year to write a blog post at the end of each month in order to keep track of my 2018 as opposed to getting to the end of the year and forgetting half of the things that actually happened. I was quite hesitant to do this because there are definitely months that are a lot busier and more exciting to write about than others but I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the things I have enjoyed throughout the last month and well, let's just see how it goes.

It's very true what they say, January has felt like the longest month of my life and I can't figure out why. I love the New Year and the feeling that I can start afresh, a blank canvas if you will. I always feel as though nothing ever happens in January which has been the case this year. But I am definitely learning to love and appreciate the little things that make my day that little bit brighter. And on that note and despite the fact that January has consisted of endless studying, mock exams and feeling under the weather, it hasn't been the worst start to the year and so I want to summarise the things that I have loved.


As you can see, this months favourites are completely random but hey ho I'll try not to ramble on too much here because I don't want anyone falling asleep on me!

Skincare & MakeUp

  • Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - The first thing I want to mention (which isn't featured in the photo but don't fear because I can sense a post dedicated to this stuff coming soon because it's just that great) is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which has been my saviour on those cold and frosty mornings. My skin has been so problematic this past month despite sticking to my skincare routine but this cleanser is so lovely to use and I was lucky enough to get the festive edition so it smells of gorgeous mint and clementines. 
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation - I am so thankful to have had this in my make up bag throughout January, especially as it has such amazing coverage which I've definitely needed to cover up the redness and terrible breakouts. I know covering your skin during a breakout isn't the answer but I've felt so much more confident wearing this foundation when my skin has been problematic and it just looks so flawless on the skin. 
  • No.7 skin illuminator - I haven't applied this too often but I have enjoyed mixing it with my foundation and it makes my skin look and feel so much healthier. I'd highly recommend for this time of year when your skin may be a little on the dry side.


Music, Film, TV & Books


  • The Greatest Showman - Oh my goodness. I have already seen it twice in the cinema and I'm already planning on going a third time this week. The soundtrack, choreography, acting, cinematography, editing, ahhh. I'm in love. 
  • Troye and Camila - I adore both of these artists so much and they've both released new music this month which has made me fall in love with them even more because it is sosososo stunning. I really haven't listened to a wide range of music this month purely because I'm playing these on repeat and I have no regrets.
  • Jane the Virgin - I'm kinda hating myself for not joining in on the hype sooner but I just bloody love it. It's just such a brilliant feel good show. Don't get me wrong, it can be unbelievably frustrating at times but oh so worth it.
  • Grace and Frankie - I have endless amounts of love for this show and I can't recommend it highly enough. The latest season was released this month and as always I finished it within two days. If I'm being completely honest, it wasn't my favourite season but having said that I laughed, cried and fell in love with it all over again. The ultimate cosy, feel good show.
  • Harry Potter books (specifically The Order of the Phoenix) -  As some of you may know I've been re reading the books recently and they just make my downtime so much more enjoyable. I feel so overwhelmed with love and nostalgia whenever I read them and they have been a great comfort to me this month when I've experienced anxiety and stress for sure. 

Other Bits and Bobs

I have way too many random bits and bobs to find a category for everything I've loved this month and this post is already longer than I would have liked so I'll be quick with these I promise!

  • Water Bottle with Infuser - I don't know what else to call this but I'm obsessed with it and it's really helping me stick to my 'new year I should really start drinking more water' resolution. I love that it has the times of the day on the bottle as a reminder to keep hydrated throughout the day because despite being an adult I still struggle to remember to do this, ooops.
  • Day & Night Nurse Tablets for cold and flu - Before y'll judge me, I have spent half of the last month feeling so under the weather. From tight chests to sore throats to losing my voice completely to having a temperature to everything else that could have made me feel even worse, I've had it all over the last few weeks but these have been a complete life saver. Read the instructions and be so careful using them of course but I wish I had known about these before because three days after taking them I felt so much better. Oh adulthood, what fun you are. 
  • Daily Journal - I have never in my life kept a journal but I genuinely get excited to use this one. I won't talk about this one too much because I've got a post coming later this week where I'll be telling you all about why I'm now that person who keeps a journal and secretly lovessss it.
  • Anna Saccone Necklace Duo - I was sososo lucky enough to receive two of Anna's necklaces for Christmas and I am in love. I absolutely adore wearing them, whether I wear them separately or pair them together, they are so stunning and rose gold will always be a winner in my eyes.
  • Mon Guerlain Eau de Perfum - Oh my goodness. I completely and utterly adore this scent and it's one of those perfumes that when I smell 10 years from now I know I'll be instantly reminded of this Christmas. I won't try and describe it because I'm awful at describing anything but it's just heavenly, even if it is a little on the pricey side.


And there we have it. Hallelujah. Give yourself a pat on the back if you've made it this far. I love reading these monthly favourites or monthly roundup blog posts and I was keen to give it a go, despite the fact that January has been a pretty dull month. Touch wood I'm starting to feel slightly better and February will consist of pancakes, adventures and new discoveries. 

Thank you so much for reading. I'll be back again soon with another post for you all.


Lots of Love, 

Meg X

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Raindrops On Roses. Design by FCD.